LSVT BIG is a form of Parkinsons therapy that is offered by the certified physical therapists at Med Rehab. Developed specifically to address the unique movement impairments for people with Parkinson disease, the protocol is both intensive and complex, with many repetitions of core movements that are used in daily living.
Med Rehab therapists who are certified clinicians in the practice of LSVT BIG. These certified LSVT therapy providers assist Recovery Project patients who have Parkinson’s disease (PD) by working with them to help maintain or regain function in their workplace or home environment. This Parkinson’s therapy can significantly enhance self-confidence and the quality of life for both patients and families dealing with this devastating disease.
Med Rehab provide compassionate evaluation and treatment of:
- Headache disorders such as migraine, cluster headache and tension headache.
- Neuro degenerative disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as transient ischemic attack and stroke.
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, hemiballismus, tic disorder, and Gilles de la Tourette syndrome.
- Disorders of peripheral nerves and muscle (myopathy).